About USA Team Handball
Welcome to USA Team Handball (USATH), the National Governing Body (NGB) for the Olympic discipline of Team Handball.
USATH, a member of the International Handball Federation (IHF) and the North American and Caribbean Handball Confederation (NACHC), is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization headquartered in Colorado Springs, Colorado, and was certified by the United States Olympic & Paralympic Committee (USOPC) on April 30, 2008. The jurisdiction of USATH includes development of grassroots programs, preparation of national teams, and day-to-day oversight of the sport of handball throughout the United States.
The mission of USA Team Handball shall be to develop, promote, educate and grow the sport of Team Handball at all levels in the United States, and to enable United States athletes to achieve sustained competitive excellence to win medals in international and Olympic competition.
USA Team Handball is the only organization recognized by the USOPC and IHF to lead handball initiatives in the United States.
The immediate goal of USA Team Handball is to restore hope, dignity, and traction to the sport's faithful; energize a growing base of players; and create an all-new model for international success.
USA Team Handball is simultaneously working to support and grow:
- The national club structure, culminating in a National Championship event in May
- Collegiate clubs and intramural programs, culminating in Collegiate National Championship event in April
- Grassroots and youth programs with local and national organizations, such as Boys & Girls Clubs, YMCA's, and schools
- Senior Men's and Women's National Teams with the goal of competing internationally and qualifying for upcoming Olympic Games
- Youth and Junior National Teams to compete internationally in youth and junior tournaments
USA Team Handball is headquartered in Colorado Springs, Colorado, with regional staff located throughout the United States.
For more information about USA Team Handball, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated:July 21, 2020.