USATH Accepting Applications for Women's Beach National Team Head Coach
by USA Team Handball
USA Team Handball is now accepting applications for the Beach Women's National Team Head Coach position. Please see below for the job details and instructions to apply.
WOMEN’S BEACH NATIONAL TEAM COACH
POSITION SUMMARY: The Women’s Beach National Team Coach of USA Team Handball (USATH) is responsible for leading the team in international competitions as well as contribute to the recruitment and development of beach handball women and girls in the United States.
Organization: USA Team Handball
Position Title: Women’s Beach National Team Coach
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Search Contact: Martin Branick
Welcome to USA Team Handball (USATH), the National Governing Body (NGB) for the Olympic discipline of Team Handball. USATH, a member of the International Handball Federation (IHF) and the North American and Caribbean Handball Confederation (NACHC), is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization headquartered in Colorado Springs, Colorado, and was certified by the United States Olympic & Paralympic Committee (USOPC) on April 30, 2008. The jurisdiction of USATH includes development of grassroots programs, preparation of national teams, and day-to-day oversight of the sport of handball throughout the United States.
MISSION STATEMENT: The mission of USA Team Handball shall be to develop, promote, educate and grow the sport of Team Handball at all levels in the United States, and to enable United States athletes to achieve sustained competitive excellence to win medals in international and Olympic competition.
VISION: The immediate goal of USATH is to restore hope, dignity, and traction to the sport's faithful; energize a growing base of players; and create an all-new model for international success.
The Women’s Beach National Team Coach of USA Team Handball (USATH) is responsible for leading the team in international competitions, as well as contribute to the recruitment and development of beach handball women and girls in the United States. Team building, beach handball tactical acumen, and player development will be required of this position. This coach has on-going interaction and communication with players, delegates, members of the United States handball community, the international beach handball community at large, and other relevant stakeholders to facilitate development and opportunities for American beach handball women, including but not limited to the United States Olympic and Paralympic Committee (USOPC), International Handball Federation (IHF), the North America & Caribbean Handball Confederation (NACHC), International World Games Association (IWGA), and ANOC World Beach Games (AWBG). Previous beach handball coaching experience is not necessary but highly preferred.
The coach’s focus is to develop and direct a high-level national team as well as increase the participation of women playing beach handball in the United States. This will include leveraging their own personal network and relationships both within and outside of the sport of handball.
- Work in collaboration with USATH CEO on the development of annual and quadrennial high performance plans.
- Recruit and retain elite athletes for the Women’s Beach National Team pool, both with and without prior handball background.
- Leverage existing global beach handball infrastructure for placing athletes with clubs, and other similar situations to enhance athlete development opportunities outside of Team USA training camps and competitions, and to establish team opportunities for tournaments and training camps.
- Plan and conduct practices and effectively teach and train athletes to ensure progressive development for international competition. As athletes may be geographically dispersed, much of this work may need to be done remotely.
- Evaluate the athlete talent pool and continuously upgrade the pool to improve the national team’s competitiveness in international competitions.
- Partner with and support the Men's Beach National Team Program to create collaborative solutions and synergies that advance USATH.
- Communicate effectively with USATH’s staff and representatives, utilizing meetings, teleconferences, presentations, written reports, and emails in a timely manner.
- Complete and submit all required documentation in a timely manner.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Extensive coaching experience at an elite level in sports similar to beach handball, including but not limited to indoor handball, water polo, soccer, basketball, volleyball, lacrosse, etc and/or strong knowledge of the sport of beach handball with experience competing and/or coaching beach handball at an elite level.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with proficiency in English
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively with USATH staff and external parties.
- Proficient computer skills and mastery of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively as part of a team.
- Authorized to work in the United States
- If the selected candidate is not authorized to work in the United States at the time of the selection, the offer for the position will be contingent upon USATH and the candidate determining a mutually agreeable work arrangement that is in full compliance with all applicable state and federal laws.
The volunteer is required to frequently stand, walk, sit, use hands and fingers, reach and lift with arms, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The volunteer is required to frequently lift up to 30 pounds without assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision; distance vision; peripheral vision; depth perception; and the ability to adjust focus.
TERMS OF POSITION
Start Date: As soon as possible (to be determined between USATH and selected candidate)
Compensation: Women’s Beach National Team Coach is a volunteer position with no financial compensation. Travel and other expenses may be reimbursed if approved in writing beforehand by USATH.
Please submit the application via email to email@example.comApplications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
USA Team Handball is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to inclusion and a diverse workforce.